Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chicken with White Wine, Tarragon, and Cream


Recipe: Chicken with White Wine, Tarragon, and Cream // Slow Cooker Revolution (pg 80)
Rating:

This was hearty & flavorful, but I prefer this chicken tarragon recipe. I changed all the proportions because I have a small slow cooker, and did not plan on cooking 6 split chicken breasts. The prep work was easy, the sauce was tasty. The chicken fell right off the bone, but it was a tad drier than expected. In the future, I would nook my chickens deeper in the sauce when cooking (I rested mine on top).

We had it with fresh Italian Semolina bread from The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook. I'm experimenting with bigas.

Update: we had the leftovers the next day, and I enjoyed this even less the second time around. I doubt I'll be making it again anytime soon. I bumped the rating down to two kitties. Seth seems to like it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment